Appointment Type: Permanent
Bilingual - Record to Report Analyst (RTR)
The R2R Team Leader leads the team ensuring timely closing of each period end in SAP in accordance with IFRS and /or US GAAP requirements. With a thorough understanding of core controllership (Record to Report) processes, the R2R Leader is responsible for the identification of areas for continuous improvement to drive productivity and strengthen the control environment across the R2R function. The role will combine good accounting knowledge with communication skills and managerial capabilities.
- Execute general ledger accounts reconciliations and follow-up on reconciling items.
- Perform analysis of balance sheet accounts ensuring accounts are accurate, any suspicious transaction must be investigated and escalated accordingly.
- Perform month-end activities accurately ensuring period is closed as per agreed timetable.
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc reports as per agreed timeline to allow end markets review and analysis.
- Provide support to audits applying controls effectively by mitigating risks.
- Communicate with stakeholders by solving issues, providing guidance and promoting a customer-oriented culture.
- Review and update task level descriptions (if necessary) to maintain knowledge within the team.
- Prepare and post journals ensuring business rules are aligned with end market requirements.
- Process daily bank statements and review line items have been recorded correctly in bank accounts.
- Process and maintain fixed assets module aligned with accounting standards and global policies.
Skills & Experience
- Student or graduated of Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- Knowledge of statutory accounting principles for the countries within AMER is an advantage.
- 2+ years’ experience in a multinational company.
- Strong accounting knowledge, ability to prepare Statutory, Management and other relevant reporting.
- Strong accounting knowledge of Fixed Asset, Bank Reconciliation and General Ledger
- Good knowledge of SAP preferred
- Knowledge of SOx Controls
- US GAPP and IRSF acknowledges is very desirable
- In terms of language English is a must (B2+)
- Planning and Reporting is desirable
- BPC acknowledge is desirable
British American Tobacco is one of the world's leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands - Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans - along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BASS Americas SA (CR12)
British American Tobacco